- Bronze patina textured abstract concave rectangle earrings measure 37.22x12.26mm
- Oxidized bronze cable link chain dangle measures 58.85x3.65mm
- Earring wires are oxidized and hypoallergenic and measure .50" in length
- Earrings hang 3" in total length
- Colorful bluish-green turquoise patina is textured and sealed with a lacquer to keep the colors from changing
- Fun and lightweight to wear even though they are long
- The earrings have a shiny finish from the lacquer sealer
- Signed AH
To create truly unique jewelry, I use different acids, chemicals and even wine to achieve the many colors and patterns in my patinas. I never write any formulas down but have fun experimenting with my metals. I use multiple coats of lacquer (both shiny and matte) to give depth and keep the patina from changing or touching your skin.
I’ve always been a texture gal and get so excited when I observe beauty in nature. I think about ways of reproducing these textures, sometimes spending hours in my studio. My husband and mentor have helped me with the transformation process. I use lots of different tools to grind the metal for different textures and patterns and then I sometimes oxidize or patina each piece. Enjoy!
Taking care of your bronze jewelry: This bronze earrings are lacquered so it keeps its patina. The copper ear wires are oxidized so they will stay the way it looks.